MC&I, the manufacturer of the RIDGLOK® brand, is a family owned business located in Reed, KY.
But why should you care?
That’s a fair question that belongs on every ABOUT page.
Well, being a family owned business means that we care deeply about our reputation. The company name MC&I derives from Mayes Coatings & Insulation.
Bob Mayes, the founder and owner of MC&I, learned a long time ago that a company’s reputation is intertwined with how the company meets its customers’ expectations.
MC&I gives personal attention to every project. They monitor and manage expectations by:
- asking lots of questions
- staying in contact
- providing clear documentation during the course of a project
- requiring installation photos at all key stages
- not leaving the installation until they receive a favorable sign-off
You don’t make a great product first try, and even when you feel your product is perfect you must continue to find ways to improve it by:
- making it more reliable
- improving the design
- finding higher quality suppliers
- finding ways to buy more competitively
- searching for efficiencies at every step of the process from vendor selection to managing materials on a jobsite
- creating a process to educate installers so they can work with speed and quality
- educating designers on when to specify the product
- having a hotline for installers to get immediate advice during installation
- providing immediate and thorough customer service
- ensuring 100% on-time delivery
- adapting to the needs of customers – like filling orders with short lead-times
- arranging delivery and unloading
- coordinating your installation behind the scenes with tank manufacturers and sub-contractors so you don’t have to
- conducting long-term tests of materials
- constantly educating themselves with changing technology
- lifting the industry by contributing articles to international magazines
- listening, learning, adapting, improving at every opportunity
- believing that competition keeps us honest and provides opportunities to better serve our customers
What makes MC&I better is not just the RIDGLOK® product, but how we serve you with our product.
Things that bother our customers, bother us. If there’s a problem, it matters – and it affects our reputation.
In cases where we’ve encountered a dissatisfied customer (anyone who says they haven’t is probably not the most truthful person you ever met) we put two steps into immediate action:
- Fix the problem for the customer so they’re ‘NEW’ again
- Revise our process and re-educate the team to prevent the issue from happening to others.
If there’s a problem, we’re not going to merely fix it – that goes without saying . . . We’re going to fix our process to ensure it doesn’t happen to others.
Our business is built on giving our customers what they want and expect. That’s how we maintain our reputation. It’s important for anyone doing business with us to know that their concerns matter.
If you’d like to learn more about MCI-RIDGLOK please check out these pages:
If you’d like to learn more from a real person:
We’d like to get to know you and your needs.
And don’t worry. We won’t put your email on our newsletter list – you have to sign up for that intentionally.