The Benefits of Using MCI-RIDGLOK
Tank insulation comes with its own unique set of problems.
- Lead-times are short
- While tanks are similar, every tank is different with distinct issues
- Installation needs to go fast so the tank can be put into use A.S.A.P.
- Installation costs need to be low
- Materials need to be on site when promised
- Installation must accommodate Union and Non-Union labor
- Quality must dazzle the client to ensure repeat business
- Installation must be easy to learn and problems resolved quickly
- Installation questions need to be resolved immediately
- Customer service must resolve problems, not ignore them
- The product must easily endure the extremes of weather and TIME
- The final system must have low maintenance requirements
- Ability to handle large projects is a must
- The manufacturer needs to adapt easily to complex problems unique to a given project
- The manufacturer must hold itself accountable
Tank insulation seems so simple and straight forward, but anyone who’s been dealing with it very long realizes there any number of unexpected issues that can arise.
MC&I has been in the tank finishing business for over 25 years, and know that anything that CAN happen, WILL happen – eventually.
That’s why our business has been one looooong tweaking process that continually adapts to the needs of our customers and yours.
MC&I ensures that:
- MCI-RIDGLOK is a responsive family-owned business. We turn on a dime to accommodate projects with short lead-times. Our systems and crews easily adapt to unexpected spikes so our customers can feel confident that we’ll be there when they need us most.
- Unique requirements are completely understood and planned for. We have a thorough questioning process to make sure we have everything we need. If something requires a unique solution, rest assured we’ll figure it out. We’ve been doing this a long time and have a long list of ideas and creative processes to work from. So far, we haven’t found a problem we couldn’t solve.
- Where conventional insulation systems require erection and removal of scaffolding – and – a large crew, the RIDGLOK® system goes up rapidly with a minimal crew and a man-lift.
- The speed and ease of installation create enormous cost savings and allow us to ensure a high-quality factory-made product that endures.
- We’ve fine-tuned our process over many years to make absolutely certain we never make a promise we can’t keep.We guarantee to deliver your project on time, every time.
- Our systems have been installed all around this country and in others with both Union and Non-Union labor. We also have experienced install crews that can install your project in both situations.
- Tanks insulated with RIDGLOK® add color consistency, clean uniformity, and a sense of quality to any facility. Some of our customers like the finished tank so much, they use them as billboards – going so far as to add logo decals and even branded lighted signs to the tanks. We can even supply custom colors to match your client’s branded colors.
- Installers who’ve only worked with conventional insulation are suspicious of learning a new type of installation. That’s to be expected because no one likes change. However, after installing RIDGLOK® on one tank, they hope never to return to conventional insulation systems.RIDGLOK® panels are fabricated so the length of the panel matches the height of your tank. Using a man-lift, a minimal crew and an electric seamer, installation proceeds rapidly. The site remains tidy there’s no need to erect and dismantle scaffolding. Panels are limited in length to the maximum legal trailer length, so for extremely tall tanks, we simply follow the same process, adding course upon course.
- If at any time an installer has a question, they have a direct line to experienced installation assistance and advice. We’re also preparing detailed installation videos which will be accessible to any site with cellular service. These videos will be broken down into individual steps so that you can pick the exact problem you’re having and find the solution quickly. We also have a detailed installation manual and offer FREE installation training at our facility in REED, KY. The system has been designed to use common and therefore less-expensive electric seamer units, but we can also rent them to installers who prefer not purchase on until they do an installation or two.
- If there’s a problem after the system is installed, MCI-RIDGLOK is there to solve it. While this is rare, there have been minor issues which MC&I was quick to resolve. First and foremost, we want the end-user to be 100% satisfied, but in addition, any problem is an opportunity to make the system better in the future. While an end-user may be upset when a problem is first discovered, they’re more than satisfied in the end knowing that MC&I is as committed to not just fixing the problem, but creating a new process to prevent the problem from happening again.
- End-Users want to know that the system will endure wind, freeze-thaw cycles, and expansion & contraction during its lifetime. Unlike conventional systems which have external tension banding or external screw connections – the RIDGLOK® structural components are protected from wind, freeze-thaw, and expansion & contraction behind the panels and their double-fold standing seam. This protected structural system eliminates the worry of damage from exposure to the yearly whims of nature.
- Although there are exceptions for tanks with extremely hot or extremely cold contents, in the vast majority of situations, RIDGLOK® panels are laminated to a closed-cell polyisocyanurate insulation which:
- Has a High R-Value per inch, and
- Hydrophobically sheds water without wickin.
The insulation neither absorbs nor wicks water. Its structure doesn’t change if it gets wet, and its insulative properties are almost instantly back to 98% as soon as the water sheds, and 100% when fully dry. This means that the only maintenance required is occasional re-caulking at the penetrations.
There are no tension bands to monitor slack from expansion and contraction, no wallowing of screw holes from wind and freeze-thaw cycles, and not danger of hidden insulation wicking and holding water against your tank shell.
Corrosion Under Insulation (CUI) is reduced, and your tank is better protected.
- MCI-RIDGLOK has produced panels for huge projects with many large diameter and tall tanks. We’ve not encountered a project too big and don’t expect to.
- We’ve also encountered many complex projects over the years with extremes that make it difficult to insulate the tanks – things like limited working area, extreme height, extreme temperature requirements, etc.
Every complexity is just another opportunity to add to our arsenal of experience. Perhaps we have to create a composite insulation system for extreme temperatures, or insulate your tank at the manufacturer because there’s no room to do so once the tank’s installed.
There’s always a way – and there always will be.
- MCI-RIDGLOK knows where the buck stops – it stops here. Nothing can be gained by not backing every single project with the same accountability and desire to help the customer that built the company.
Besides, how can we build the RIDGLOK® brand if we don’t stand behind it?
Accountability, Integrity, Service, and Ingenuity are what built our company – and they can only make it better.