The insulation was needed on an above-ground storage tank in Souderton, PA at a beef manufacturing plant. Souderton is located North of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Insulation was required on the ground storage tank in order to maintain an adequate temperature year-round to keep from freezing. The tank was designed to store water for fire protection purposes at a meat production facility.
How Was RIDGLOK® Selected?
The storage tank manufacturer trusts RIDGLOK®’s long history of protecting and insulating storage tanks.
The manufacturer’s project manager knew he could rely on the system for:
- Quality thermal protection
- Speed of installation
- Safety of installation
- Low maintenance of the insulation system
- Long life of the insulation system
- High wind resistance
- Structural connections sealed against weather
- High level of corrosion protection against CUI (corrosion under insulation)
- Color Matching the facility’s color scheme
- Easy fast repairs
- Expansion/contraction built naturally into the system (no bands to be periodically checked and tightened)
- Quality resulting from panels pre-manufactured to specification
This RIDGLOK® Vertical Standing Seam Panel Insulation System was manufactured at the MC&I facility in Reed, KY for installation on a 33’D x 32’H fire water storage tank with a straight roof panel design. The tank shell and roof materials consist of 1.5” Polyisocyanurate insulation board R-Value of 10. Insulation is laminated to stucco embossed 0.024 x 24” W aluminum metal jacketing at our facility prior to installation. Also, the RIDGLOK® straight roof design and flashing system minimized potential corrosion points contributing to the overall performance of the system.
The client now enjoys:
- Lower Energy bills
- Aesthetically pleasing tank that complements the facility
- 1 year warranty and a Lifespan of 25+ years of thermal protection
Upon completion of this project, the customer advised they were satisfied and would recommend MC&I and the RIDGLOK® Panel System.