The insulation was needed on an above-ground storage tank in Pawling, NY at a large grocery store supermarket. Pawling is located north of New York City, near the state line of Connecticut. Only a little over an hour away from Hartford, CT.
Insulation was required on the ground storage tank in order to maintain an adequate temperature year-round to keep from freezing. The tank was designed to store water for fire protection purposes.
How Was RIDGLOK® Selected?
The storage tank manufacturer trusts RIDGLOK®’s long history of protecting and insulating storage tanks.
The manufacturer’s project manager knew he could rely on the system for:
- Quality thermal protection
- Speed of installation
- Safety of installation
- Low maintenance of the insulation system
- Long life of the insulation system
- High wind resistance
- Structural connections sealed against weather
- High level of corrosion protection against CUI (corrosion under insulation)
- Color Matching the facility’s color scheme
- Easy fast repairs
- Expansion/contraction built naturally into the system (no bands to be periodically checked and tightened)
- Quality resulting from panels pre-manufactured to specification
This RIDGLOK® Vertical Standing Seam Panel Insulation System was manufactured at the MC&I facility in Reed, KY for installation on a 27’D x 24’H fire water storage tank with a straight roof panel design. The tank shell and roof materials consist of 2” Polyisocyanurate insulation board R-Value of 13.1. Insulation is laminated to stucco embossed 0.024 x 24” W aluminum metal jacketing at our facility prior to installation. Also, the RIDGLOK® straight roof design and flashing system minimized potential corrosion points contributing to the overall performance of the system.
The client now enjoys:
- Lower Energy bills
- Aesthetically pleasing tank that complements the facility
- 1 year warranty and a Lifespan of 25+ years of thermal protection