An expansion project near Oklahoma City, OK required four storage tanks to be erected for use of storing metal finishing chemicals. The facility is a supplier of high-performance pretreatment chemicals for the metal finishing industry. The design temperature of these tanks was 120° F, thus requiring electric heat tracing and insulation.
- Energy waste on heat tracing
- No freeze protection
- Heat Loss
- Issues with chemical stability
How Was RIDGLOK® Selected?
Specified by Engineer: As with all project materials and equipment, engineers seek products that economically meet all their customers’ needs. In this case, the Engineer of Record was concerned with:
- Speed of installation (man-lift vs scaffolding)
- Safety of installation (man-lift vs scaffolding)
- Low maintenance of the insulation system
- Long life of the insulation system
- High wind resistance
- All structural connections sealed away from the weather
- High level of corrosion protection against CUI (corrosion under insulation)
- Color matching with the facility color scheme
- Easy fast repairs
- Expansion/contraction built naturally into the system (no bands to be periodically checked and tightened)
- Quality from having panels pre-manufactured to specification
- Cost to benefit ratio
To ensure the best system for the end-user, the client selected RIDGLOK® per Engineer recommendation in the project design documents.
RIDGLOK® Vertical Standing Seam Panel Insulation System was manufactured at our facility in Reed, KY for installation on (4) 13.5’ diameter x 40’ tall welded stainless steel storage tanks with a conical roof used for chemical storage at a manufacturing facility that produces metal finishing chemicals. The RIDGLOK® roof design minimizes potential corrosion points contributing to the overall performance of the system.
- Worked around a containment wall
- Project completed on time and within budget
RIDGLOK® Panel Insulation Systems minimize heat gain and reduce the load on the heaters to maintain consistent operating temperatures. Chemical tanks are insulated for optimal process control. Insulation of storage tanks reduces routine maintenance and prevents energy waste and lowers fuel costs.
Now the client will enjoy…
- Lower energy bills
- 1-year warranty on product and craftsmanship
- 25+ years of thermal protection
- An attractive insulation system with minor maintenance.
Upon completion of the project, the project manager rated our communication as 5 out of 5, and that he would consider MC&I RIDGLOK® for future insulation projects and referrals.