The insulation was needed on an above-ground storage tank in Cincinnati, OH at a chemical manufacturing plant. Cincinnati is located in southern Ohio on the Ohio River and is close to Louisville, KY, and Lexington, KY.
Insulation was required on the ground storage tank in order to maintain an adequate temperature year-round to keep from freezing. Their tanks are designed to store water, bleach, and ethoxylates. The link HERE discusses what ethoxylates are used for and in.
How Was RIDGLOK® Selected?
The storage tank manufacturer trusts RIDGLOK®’s long history of protecting and insulating storage tanks.
The manufacturer’s project manager knew he could rely on the system for:
- Quality thermal protection
- Speed of installation
- Safety of installation
- Low maintenance of the insulation system
- Long life of the insulation system
- High wind resistance
- Structural connections sealed against weather
- High level of corrosion protection against CUI (corrosion under insulation)
- Color Matching the facility’s color scheme
- Easy fast repairs
- Expansion/contraction built naturally into the system (no bands to be periodically checked and tightened)
- Quality resulting from panels pre-manufactured to specification
This RIDGLOK® Vertical Standing Seam Panel Insulation System was manufactured at the MC&I facility in Reed, KY for installation on a 12’D x 34’H storage tank. The tank shell consists of a 2” Polyisocyanurate insulation board R-Value of 13.1. Insulation is laminated to stucco embossed 0.024 x 24” W aluminum metal jacketing at our facility prior to installation.
The client now enjoys:
- Lower Energy bills
- An aesthetically pleasing tank that complements the facility
- 1-year warranty and a Lifespan of 25+ years of thermal protection
Upon completion of the project, the project manager stated that he was satisfied with the final results and that he would recommend both the RIDGLOK® Panel System and the MC&I crew to others.