The insulation was needed on an above-ground storage tank at a coal mine site in Meeker, CO. Meeker is located in the northwest area of Colorado, just north of Grand Junction, CO.
Insulation was required on the ground storage tank in order to maintain an adequate temperature year-round to keep from freezing. The tank was designed to store water for fire protection purposes.
How Waw RIDGLOK® Selected?
The storage tank manufacturer trusts RIDGLOK®’s long history of protecting and insulating storage tanks.
The manufacturer’s project manager knew he could rely on the system for:
- Quality thermal protection
- Speed of installation
- Safety of installation
- Low maintenance of the insulation system
- Long life of the insulation system
- High wind resistance
- Structural connections sealed against weather
- High level of corrosion protection against CUI (corrosion under insulation)
- Color Matching the facility’s color scheme
- Easy fast repairs
- Expansion/contraction built naturally into the system (no bands to be periodically checked and tightened)
- Quality resulting from panels pre-manufactured to specification
This RIDGLOK® Vertical Standing Seam Panel Insulation System was manufactured at the MC&I facility in Reed, KY for installation on an 80.21’D x 35.19’H fire water storage tank with a geodome roof panel design. The geodome roof was not insulated, but the tank shell consisted of a 2” Polyisocyanurate insulation board R-Value of 13.1. Insulation is laminated to stucco embossed 0.024 x 24” W aluminum metal jacketing at our facility prior to installation.
The client now enjoys:
- Lower Energy bills
- An aesthetically pleasing tank that complements the facility
- 1-year warranty and a Lifespan of 25+ years of thermal protection
The construction manager left a few comments about our crew. The crew was, “Very neat and professional installation installed. With safety as number 1 concern.” They also stated the work was performed satisfactorily and they would recommend MC&I and the RIDGLOK® Panel Systems.