The insulation was needed on an above-ground fire water storage tank in Enfield, CT at a manufacturing facility. This facility is located about 30 minutes from the state capitol in Hartford, Connecticut.
Insulation was required on the ground storage tank in order to maintain an adequate temperature year-round to keep from freezing. The tank was designed to store water for fire protection purposes.
How Was RIDGLOK® Selected?
The storage tank manufacturer trusts RIDGLOK®’s long history of protecting and insulating storage tanks.
The manufacturer’s project manager knew he could rely on the system for:
- Quality thermal protection
- Speed of installation
- Safety of installation
- Low maintenance of the insulation system
- Long life of the insulation system
- High wind resistance
- Structural connections sealed against weather
- High level of corrosion protection against CUI (corrosion under insulation)
- Color Matching the facility’s color scheme
- Easy fast repairs
- Expansion/contraction built naturally into the system (no bands to be periodically checked and tightened)
- Quality resulting from panels pre-manufactured to specification
This RIDGLOK® Vertical Standing Seam Panel Insulation System was manufactured at the MC&I facility in Reed, KY for installation on a 31’D x 27’H fire water storage tank with a straight roof panel design. The tank shell and roof materials consist of 2” Polyisocyanurate insulation board R-Value of 13.1. Insulation is laminated to stucco embossed 0.024 x 24” W aluminum metal jacketing at our facility prior to installation. Also, the RIDGLOK® straight roof design and flashing system minimized potential corrosion points contributing to the overall performance of the system.
The client now enjoys:
- Lower Energy bills
- Aesthetically pleasing tank that complements the facility
- 1 year warranty and a Lifespan of 25+ years of thermal protection
Despite the frigid temperatures, ice, and snow, our two-man crew was able to complete the installation in one week.
Upon completion of this project, the customer advised they would recommend MC&I and the RIDGLOK® Panel System.