The insulation was needed on an above-ground storage tank located in Center, TX at a poultry processing plant. Center is close to the state line of Louisiana and is about an hour from Shreveport, LA.
Insulation was required on the ground storage tank in order to maintain an adequate operating temperature. The tank was designed to store hot water for multiple purposes at the plant.
How Was RIDGLOK® Selected?
The storage tank manufacturer trusts RIDGLOK®’s long history of protecting and insulating storage tanks.
The manufacturer’s project manager knew he could rely on the system for:
- Quality thermal protection
- Speed of installation
- Safety of installation
- Low maintenance of the insulation system
- Long life of the insulation system
- High wind resistance
- Structural connections sealed against weather
- High level of corrosion protection against CUI (corrosion under insulation)
- Color Matching the facility’s color scheme
- Easy fast repairs
- Expansion/contraction built naturally into the system (no bands to be periodically checked and tightened)
- Quality resulting from panels pre-manufactured to specification
This RIDGLOK® Vertical Standing Seam Panel Insulation System was manufactured at the MC&I facility in Reed, KY for installation on a 32’ W x 34’ T hot water storage tank with a straight roof panel design. The tank shell and roof materials consist of a 2.0” Polyisocyanurate insulation board R-Value of 13.1. Insulation is laminated to stucco embossed 0.024 x 24” W aluminum metal jacketing at our facility prior to installation. Also, the RIDGLOK® straight roof design and flashing system minimized potential corrosion points contributing to the overall performance of the system.
Because of other trades working in the area, manlift access was challenging. Yet, the crew still finished in a timely manner.
Upon completion of the project, the project manager stated they were pleased with MC&I RIDGLOK® and would recommend us and our panel system to others.
The client now enjoys:
- Lower Energy bills
- An aesthetically pleasing tank that complements the facility
- 1-year warranty and a Lifespan of 25+ years of thermal protection