The insulation was needed at a Rubbermaid factory, on a fire water storage tank in Mogadore, OH. This factory manufactures plastics. Mogadore is a suburb of Akron, OH. Located in the northeast part of Ohio.
Insulation was required on the ground storage tank in order to maintain an adequate temperature year-round to keep from freezing. The tank was designed to store water for fire protection purposes.
How Was RIDGLOK® Selected?
The storage tank manufacturer trusts RIDGLOK®’s long history of protecting and insulating storage tanks.
The manufacturer’s project manager knew he could rely on the system for:
- Quality thermal protection
- Speed of installation
- Safety of installation
- Low maintenance of the insulation system
- Long life of the insulation system
- High wind resistance
- Structural connections sealed against weather
- High level of corrosion protection against CUI (corrosion under insulation)
- Color Matching the facility’s color scheme
- Easy fast repairs
- Expansion/contraction built naturally into the system (no bands to be periodically checked and tightened)
- Quality resulting from panels pre-manufactured to specification
This RIDGLOK® Vertical Standing Seam Panel Insulation System was manufactured at the MC&I facility in Reed, KY for installation on a 35.33’D x 32’H welded tank with a dome roof. The tank shell and roof consisted of 1.5” Polyisocyanurate insulation board R-Value of 10. Insulation is laminated to stucco embossed 0.024 x 24” W aluminum metal jacketing at our facility prior to installation.
Also, the RIDGLOK® gore roof design and flashing system minimizes potential corrosion points contributing to the overall performance of the system.
The client now enjoys:
- Lower Energy bills
- Aesthetically pleasing tank that complements the facility
- 1 year warranty and a Lifespan of 25+ years of thermal protection
Upon completion of this project, the customer stated the work was completed satisfactorily and they would recommend MC&I and the RIDGLOK® Panel System. He also wrote, “Great to work with, fine job, and safety first all time.” And when asked for additional comments about the RIDGLOK® Panel System, he commented, “Excellent”.